Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cool Stuff at coolhunting.com



Found a great new website today called coolhunting.com. The name quite accurately describes the site, which hunts down the cool, the interesting, and the new, with modern technology being a key topic.
While “hunting” through the coolhunting site, I found a few tech devices that I’d like to add to my home arsenal.  Thought perhaps some of you might be interested, also.  Here goes:
The Doxie Scanner is a small scanner that can be used to scan in old photos and documents, simplifying what is already an arduous task. Documents and photos can be saved as PDF, JPEG or PNG formats, which, as coolhunting notes “is great for sending the images to Google Docs. And, thanks to its built-in Optical Character Recognition capabilities, you can even scan and digitize handwritten notes or longer documents.” The Doxie scanner is both Mac and Windows compatible, ships worldwide and sells online for $130.  


I'm most excited about this little scanner.

Only out since this past July, Belkin has a new energy-efficient power hub for charging your small electronic devices (think phone, ipod touch, digital cameras). As coolhunting.com tells us the new Belkin Conserve Valet provides “a single platform charges up to four mobile devices at once reducing energy consumption by 75% overall, and the station itself draws zero power when not in use…automatically shutting off once all devices have been charged.” The Valet is available on Belkin's website for $40 each.


I like the energy saving feature on the Belkin Conserve Valet

The Q-Link Mini supposedly “harmonizes the frequencies emitted from electronics with your body.” Although the effects of over-radiation from constant use of every-day electronics is still under study, there are undoubtedly some. (Even though I am addicted to the computer, I do tend to feel a bit different – lets say “wired” when I use it – don’t you?) I don’t know if this is just hoodoo voodoo junk, but I’m thinking about getting one for myself and for my children. (Hubby won’t wear it). The Q-Link Mini sells online from Clarus' site for $25.


Yes, its actually a pendant. Another reason hubby won't wear it.  I'll research this one a bit more before I actually buy it!

For more interesting tech items, check out coolhunting.com.
All images are borrowed from coolhunting.com

No comments: