Friday, March 26, 2010

A Bit of Color on a Gray Day

It has been a gray, rainy day.  Thought I'd go through some of my photos and share some of my plant shots.  In this case some Western samples, from places where the sun is (or was) quite possibly shining today.


I love all the subtle colorations and textures offered by cacti and succulents.  They are some of my favorite plants to photograph, and I found a lot of them in San Diego!





Oh those purples, blues and greens.  What a palette!  I think I'll make a necklace featuring these gentle colors.  (When I have the time, that is.)




The hard-worn colors of the pots work nicely with these plants.  



A peaceful, if somewhat spiky tableaux.


2 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Love the photos in this post! I love succulents also. So much so that is pretty much all that I blog about! LOL So pretty!

JoJo said...

Hi Candy,

Thanks so much for reading my post and commenting! I'm so glad you enjoyed these photos. You can see more of my favorite cacti and succulent pictures on my Pinterest Board (same name) just type in "Jo Anne Lillis Pinterest" and you should get to all of my boards from there!