Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cupcake Wars


Is a baby girl ;-)
Originally uploaded by C.Mariani (mostly away)

I recently got hooked on a new reality show on the Food Network called "Cupcake Wars." Although I know that cupcakes have been a "thing" for a while now, I simply never imagined that there would be a whole show dealing just with the art of making cupcakes. However, watching the show has left me both bemused and amazed to see all the creativity, emotion, and commotion surrounding such a small, seemingly simple thing as a cupcake.

The competitors on the show don't see their cupcakes as simple, however, and now, after having watched the show a few times, I don't either. Instead, I see cupcake baking as a new, exciting, artistic venture that I, too, want to enjoy. I want to experience that lovely emotion of creating something that is both delicious and delightful, something that both cuddles the eyes and the tongue, something that has the power to charm both young and old alike.

I am so ready to create my own batch of creative cupcakes! Watch the show, and you will, too! If you do, please feel free to tell me about your own creations, send in the recipe if you wish and a pix of your creations -- I'd love to see them and post them for you!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: